Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tikolo


My sister's sweet little angel of a snow white budgie was visiting us for 2 weeks while she and her husband were off to Thailand for a second honeymoon before their baby girl, Grace arrives.

...at least we thought she was a sweet little angel! We found out how one little bird can make enough of a racket to drive us half round the bend!

I've re-nicknamed Tikolo (who was previously nicknamed 'Ticks') to 'THE NOISE BOX'. Shame, she's quite old, and she really is very sweet...kind of like a granny who's past caring what everybody else around her thinks.

I actually missed her a bit this morning when stirring my barley grass (the spoon makes quite a noise on the sides of the glass) & there was no equivilant noise from around the pillar as there has been for the past 2 weeks...The flat seems very quiet without the little extra life inside it.

1 comment:

T'Neal Cooper said...

Ah! I'm glad you miss her - but I'm glad to have her back. I love her chirping =) I think that her noise is a lot less echoey here. Thanks again for babysitting. At least when you look after Grace you can also give her back when she makes too much noise =)
x x