Friday, March 19, 2010

I Love Fridays

I really really really love Fridays since I started working with clay. Before that, Fridays were just another work day & I never spent time being actively 'artistic' - So Friday became Clay-Day & I've been learning & making amazing things...but most of all, I've been making gifts & experimenting with different clays & colouring / decorating methods etc

These hearts are made of porcelain & are items to experiment with different treatments with:

I plan on decorating them to match & then make a mobile or something out of them when they are done with their glaze firing.

I've made all sorts of other beautiful things, but cannot post pictures of them yet (they are being made for gifts & the recipients may not see them!!) ;)

I had a lovely drive past Long Beach, Kommetjie at midday after my Kommetjie pottery class. When the day is as beautiful as today is, I'm so pleased that this will be such a close beach! Pity the water is so cold.

No comments: