Monday, June 23, 2008

Word of the Day: Crestfallen

http://www.dictionary.com/
crest·fall·en
–adjective
1. dejected; dispirited; discouraged.
2. having a drooping crest or head.

Although the first one is more appropriate for the context of my last post, I think I would like to imagine, literally and in cartoon form, the second one.

—Related forms
crest·fall·en·ly, adverb
crest·fall·en·ness, noun

"They crestfallenly wondered what on EARTH had happened to create such gross physical disfigurement as crestfallenness"

"The crestfallenness of the kingdom gave way to new definitions of what should be considered beautiful: 'Your head droop compliments the shape of your face so exquisitely' ".

Its all sick. I know.

For more correct, non-cartoon imagining inducing information, one of the best sites on the internet is http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

You can even play hangman! I just won "megalomania".

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a
n.
1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

Is the universe is trying to tell me something?

No comments: