Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Felting Course - Week 4

I had my last day of my 4 week felting course last week & we had to put together a project - something of our choice which combined the skills learned over the previous 3 weeks. I decided to make a hand bag.

I felted 3 long thin 'cords' which I plaited together for the handle. I graded 3 different felt colours from dark grey to light grey to natural for the main 'body of the bag. I decided to add a flap so that the bag can close nicely. I also felted some lace into the front and the back of the bag (the image doesn't show it very clearly, but it is there!). This project was a great learning curve & I'm pleased with the result.

I will most likely work on it a little more...add some porcelain buttons etc.



We had Nin's Lemon Meringue again. Yum!

3 comments:

C said...

hi gina. have written to blossom facebook site x 3, plus wrote to their blog, plus scoured their website plus called the no. how does one sign up for the next workshop? LOL

Gina Ross said...

Hello!

Best thing to do is contact Jeanne directly on 0822150764 / jeenie(at)iafrica.com or you can phone Nin Kalk Bay (021) 788 9599 and speak with Jeanne if she is in (the shops are interlinked)

I highly recommend the course - I really enjoyed it!

Let me know how you go!

Ginax

Shelley Jane Ahrens said...

You are a felting genius...this bag is amazing and I want to do the course too! Haha! Do show us the end result with porcelain buttons friend?