Sunday, June 06, 2010

Felting Course Week 3

This week at felting we practiced felting through fabric. I first practiced on a square of white cotton muslin (top 2 pics). It is tricky to do the edges! I did one layer of wool in the centre and a double, slightly thicker layer on the edges. The texture on the back is awesome!


My second piece was with a bigger piece of pink muslin with white wool felted into the centre. I used 3 layers this time to get it thicker..and I added some pink polka dots. With this one, I put wool on the back as well as the front of the edges to felt through from both sides. It is not easy to get the edges even! I'm happy with the outcome though.

One of the things I really look forward to when going to felting (besides the actual felting part) is Nin's amazing tea time treats.
  • Week 1: We had the most beautiful honey-sago cake which was SO more-ish!
  • Week 2: We got thoroughly spoiled with a 'chocolate shot' *(an espresso cup of hot, melted cream + chocolate + ?). She gave us the choice between a slice of milk tart or apple strudel...We were delighted when Jeanne suggested we have a half slice of each & Nin agreed! YUM!
  • Week 3: Lemon Meringue.
Who knows what is in store for us in week 4....!

Nin is the little shop semi-adjoined to Blossom. Off Main Road, Kalk Bay, turn up the little road by the Ice Cafe (Colyn Rd) look to the left and you can't miss them!

No comments: