Wednesday, June 23, 2010

African Flower

I am so very excited. I have posted about Moxy Crochet before. I absolutely LOVE their flower pattern!

I've been working very hard at trying to finish my crochet blanket. I currently have about 100 blocks out of 224 completed...all my centres made & about 35 that just need the cream borders...and then I'll have to stitch it all up! I am SO tired of making squares & have been looking for hexagonal patterns on Ravelry. I was doing a search for granny squares instead of just for hexagons so I thought that there weren't any patterns available....

A little searching later, I found so many patterns! ..and the BEST part is that I found the 'African Flower' pattern that Moxy Crochet uses! For people on Ravelry it is called the, African flower hexagon by Lounette Fourie & Anita Rossouw and it was published in Sarie Magazine June 2009.

I linked to the pattern & simply had to try it out as soon as possible!


On my first attempt (left) I did something funny with the second round (I only did 1dc going around)
My second attempt (right) went much better! ....Now to get some fluffy wool to add texture!

I also played around in Photoshop with what my hexagon would look like if I made lots of blocks & put it together as a blanket....pretty cool! :)


Have a look at what some other people on Flickr have made!
This one is amazing: click here

...and for anybody in a panic of how to get started, I found a photo tutorial to explain! :)

2 comments:

Yuliya Nilssen said...

YaY:) That looks great! And thanks for sharing...
Love
xxx

Shelley Jane Ahrens said...

I must must must learn to crochet...this is too beautiful Gins. I love the link to the one on flickr too...wow!