Monday, June 21, 2010

Disoganisation Explained...

I have a new favorite word: Entropy.
It is a word which means/explains why it is the natural order of the universe for things to become disorganised.

It seems I have been working against the universe in 'sorting' things out because the universe wants everything to space out so that all  pens / boxes of matches / important documents etc, are evenly spaced within the entire universe & not neatly together where I last left them (?)...I trust I am understanding this correctly as it explains a lot about life and stuff in general. Also, now that I know there is a word, hopefully I can stress about order less (please!!)

The Free Dictionary says (among other definitions) that entropy is:
  • A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
  • A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
  • The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
  • Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.
It gets more scientific than that on Wikipedia if anybody cares for further reading

No comments: