Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Day Felting

I was so excited to find out (thanks Thaya!) that Blossom in Kalk Bay does felting courses! I stared this last week Thursday on their 4 week course:
  • Week 1 - basic felting technique,go home with a scarf out of one of the techniques you learn.
  • Week 2 - Felt balls, beads, round a shape 3 dimensional shape/sculpture.
  • Week 3 - Felt through fabric then start combining techniques to decide on a project for the next week.
  • Week 4 - work on a project together for the whole morning......
All materials are supplied, tea, coffee and cake...
(Nin's delicious honey cake last week!!)
  1. The first thing we did was learn the basic felting technique(s)
  2. We played around with making a 'holy' fabric
  3. We made a scarf



I have been feeling (overwhelmingly much) that I must make the most of every moment of my life & do as many of the things I want to do that I can. I don't want to get to a point where I wish that I had done more...

Mothers keep telling me that once the kids come, there is time for absolutely nothing that you actually want to do...and today is the only day to start doing these things: and the only time is right now.

In The Artist's Way, she says that some people say Do you know how old I will be when I finish [said dream - say studying something they've always wanted to study]? and the answer to that is - YES: the same age you will be if you do not do it.

I am unbelievably happy with the first results of fulfilling my dream of learning these felting techniques.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's only no time for yourself in the first few months when you have a baby, the rest is nonsense! Don't listen to all that rubbish (like I had to when I had a baby at 24) that your life ends when you have children. It's exactly the opposite. You just can't go to the movies for a while :)