Monday, November 02, 2009

The Gift Fair


Miss Molly (T'Neal and I) set up this beautiful stand for The Gift Fair at Groot Constantia this year...I restored a funny little cupboard that was rotting in Geoff's shop garden -- scraped all the veneer off and painted it white & then wall papered the outside edges to make it really pretty. I upholstered a piece of plywood (previously our kitchen top) with foam and white denim to create a pin-board to pin plaster hearts, Christmas decorations and some heart shaped casings with cookies to.

I had super-wood cut and Geoff & I made them into boxes which I had sprayed at the car spray shop (we put wall paper behind for the Fair)... T'Neal made a great little cakestand for her cake boxes (which, by the way, are in the latest issue of Elle Decoration [!!!!] ) and I sewed a border of colourful fabric for the edge of our table.

.

No comments: