Monday, November 02, 2009

The Book Lounge



Last Friday found me with an hour to spare in Roeland Street at the most wonderful book shop called 'The Book Lounge' which has a great collection of unusual books. I'm sure that other book shops have wonderful collections, but I somehow fail to find the interesting books that intrigue me...or perhaps I just don't have time on my hands and the patience to seek out the gems.

I bought a book that has been on my heart to read called 'Eat Pray Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. I've raced through 'Eat' and am cruizing through 'Pray' at the moment. It is food for the heart - inspires inspriation to travel & find the calm in all the storm.

I've been so busy. Busy Busy Busy. Gift Fair....work....and finally, I've taken some time for myself - to spoil myself and get back to a place where I feel I am actually living and enjoying life instead of chasing deadlines & feeling constantly rushed & demanded of

I found some lovely design-related books...My turn to buy for 'The Artist's Book Club' is in April, so I've been scouting to find the books I really want so that when my turn comes it won't be a mad rush. I found a wonderful book at Exclusive Books, Cavendish the other day called 'Vitamin D - New Perspectives in Drawing'. This is a hot contender...Will need to spend some more time with it to be sure.



.

No comments: