Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Drama

SATURDAY:

Saturday morning saw drama of the saddest kind..... 50+ Pilot Whales beached themselves on Kommetjie Long Beach & hundreds of people gathered to join rescue & support forces...I went down to see if there was help needed but there were so many people already braving the icy wind and freezing sea in aid of getting the whales back. They just kept beaching through...until the rescue operation was abandoned & the whales euthanaised. A very very sad day. Some articles on the subject: here, here and here...


SUNDAY:

On Sunday I helped out at Peta's home gallery "Gallery Om"

...until I got a phone call from Geoff to say he'd had a bit of a surfing accident: His surfboard knocked him in his jaw & split it open: 5 stitches worth! I ran as fast as I could from the gallery - weaving around people loitering on the pavement - up the road and home - dropping my cell phone on the way (luckily someone saw me drop it and was arguing with the security guard to give it back to me - I eventually prised it out of his hand)! Rushed Geoff to the MediCross to get his stitches. All went well & seems to be healthy and well with my (temporarily 1/2 chipmunk) husband! :)



On the way home, we stopped in on Boyes drive to watch the swell over Kalk Bay -- you can feintly see a rainbow in the picture below....

Phew! What a weekend!!!

.

No comments: