Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pushing Daisies


Geoff and I have been utterly FLOORED and are addicted to the brilliantly designed and executed series 'Pushing Daisies'
(Thanks Pete & Elaine!)

Wikipedia has some great info.

This is truly a 'designer' series. It is a visual treat for the senses...you can almost taste the pies! The detail is extraordinary...The wardrobe is exceptional....what I wouldn't give for some of the outfits that 'Chuck' wears... (She has a remarkably amazing wardrobe for a dead girl who has 'lost everything') !

...and to add the Dandelion car company staff uniform (or Bettie's Bees) to my fancy dress wardrobe...(or even my regular wardrobe if I had a job where I could be seen in funky funky outfits - working home its an effort to not put my slippers straight back on after my bath!)

The story line and sub-plots are great...very addictive: each one involves a murder & some crime solving by the main characters, Emmerson Cod, Ned, Chuck and sometimes Olive (who you will possibly dislike in the beginning but grow to LOVE!).
All characters have been perfectly cast.

The aunts: Lily and Vivian are amazing!!! They formed a synchronised swimming duo called the 'Darling Mermaid Darlings' and share matching personality disorders. Emmerson Cod is a knitter (!!) ... Olive breaks out into the odd musical number...Chuck is a bee keeper and Ned is the pie maker. The whole series is quirky from the way it is filmed to Aunt Vivian's eye patch!

I can go on and on about this. But I won't.
You'll just have to watch it for yourself! ;)

.

No comments: