Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wildfire


I don't know why I love that I found this lucky (?) number 13 outside the Kalk Bay Supermarket previously known as 'Hennies' the other day... The post office is inside the supermarket. None of my packages have arrived dammit. Only 2 sleeps till I enter the next decade of my life. I'm feeling quite pre-occupied about it. Yesterday, one of my clients phoned me while I was driving & when asked why I sounded 'bothered', I replied that I'm turning 30 on Friday. What a nerd I am. My friend Sven says 30 is the new 20. He also said:

".... if you are happily married, living in a cool place and have a nice job reckon you're looking pretty good heading into the next 10 years....."

Thanks Sven! :)

I think 30 is where the pressure to reproduce starts. Countdown to 35 - still ok..eggs aren't too old yet....35 the countdown begins to 40 [5 years to go!?!! - what if it never happens?! - what if I have one and I want but can't have another one?!! ] & all the potentials there were of beautiful little people born of Geoff and I diminishes to almost nothing. I'll see if I can hold off worry about that till 5 years time if nothing transpires. 10 years is around 120 chances left which I think is probably pretty good.

*sigh* ...and Wildfire will always be around 17 - even with her wrinkles :)

.

No comments: