Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Skrabal



I just love this: over this last weekend go Stillbay...quietly knitting and observing the goings-on of the house, I had the pleasure of experiencing my friend Penny playing Scrabble with her 7 year old daughter.

Open the picture in a new window to get the full amazingness of this Scrabble board!

My favorite word is "Qwin" (can you guess? Answer at the bottom of my post...)


They also decided they were allowed to add names..which resulted in some interesting spellings...and Penny took full advantage of the relaxed rules - and hence: kleva was added!

ZPREY -- I have no idea.

Keen to see the movie Shelley recommended - 'SNOWCAKE' which evidently has some interesting Scrabble rules! :)

We took some great pictures this weekend...on the first night, just before bed time, Penny's dog, Puxley quietly passed away...we had the funeral at Blombos...The picture below shows our house at Blombos from a distance: no electricity or plumbing, it is the old school (or school master's) building from a long time ago...


The house..



Whale Bones


Puxley's Funeral


Olivia and Geoff guitar 'duo'


Our 7-year-old Skrabal player with her big sister



[Queen]

1 comment:

Shelley Jane Ahrens said...

Blombos looks enchanting...please, we book it when we are back in South Africa for a weekend of loose scrabble [I LOVE this photo you took, I laughed and laughed!] and being restored. I am so sorry about the pooch burial, how terribly sad.