Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Favorite things...

It is my birthday soon and I'm faced, yet again, with the dilemma of what to tell people when they ask if I need / would like anything....I actually don't really need anything (especially not toiletry/bath related stuff as I have a stockpile)...and anything I feel would be great to have is massively expensive.... espresso machine... WACOM... Canon G10...

There is a group thingie happening on Ravelry which is a 'My Favorite Things' gift swap -- If one signs up, you get paired with a buddy who you send a parcel to & they send you one....of favorite things! One item has to be hand made by you or someone else...one item has to be a decent size ball / skein of wool... and one can be anything else that is your favorite thing...totalling $20 before postage. I've been thinking a lot about what my items would be...what I would send....

My favorite low-*ish - cost items at the moment are as follows (mostly craft related!):

* Maple Drop Spindle Basic Yarn Spinning Kit fiber wool:

WHAT??: ....A mini-spinning kit (we don't have space for a full size spinning wheel)....I have spoken with my aunt (on the Karoo farm) & she will organise some newly shawn sheep wool for me...I'd love to experiment with this :)

* Some lovely wools to play & knit with....knit myself something really special this winter....
* Vintage knitting needles / crochet hooks (currently experimenting with ebay...seen some beautiful bone crochet hooks...multi-coloured knitting needles...)

...I will continue this when the hour is less wee :)

zzz

No comments: