Monday, April 20, 2009

Knew Knittings

I've been knitting in all my spare time...I finished my 3rd 2-tone scarf on the weekend & experimented with felting flowers to adorn it with...I have so many adornment ideas....just need to knit the items to go on them! :) ...I made it a little bit narrower on size 10 (metric) needles - knitted in moss stitch, which suits the wool beauifully...Here is a picture:

I've also been spending WAY too much time on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/ sourcing patterns...exploring profiles and feeling a little ill quite frankly that I don't have the time to explore all the patterns immediately!!

Geoff and I attended an auction on Saturday..I took along my knitting basket. I knitted my first hat which ended up WAY too loose & Rasta-looking so I knitted another one with adjustments:

...then I set to work on expanding this idea & came up with a very sweet chunky striped hat with a little crochet flower on top & adorning the side.....I started out with 48 stitches on my size 10's in plain rib for 12 rows..moss stitch for a further 12 and began the colour change on the decrease...1purl 1plain all the way to the top...stiched the side together and FWHALA!

With the chunky 1-tone scarf

View from the top!

on its own :)

1 comment:

Shelley Jane Ahrens said...

I love, I want! Shew, Gins, your blog was a gem to read this morning...and you really are knitting up a storm. I LOVE the hat and scarf and little roses and everything! I hope you find the Hookarama book, and I can't wait to see the Mhendi cupcakes. Sending so, so much love to you and Geoff. I would love those Crayon shoes, wish my feet were one size bigger!