Monday, April 06, 2009

books.google.com & knitterings

I recently discovered http://books.google.com/

What GENIUS!!! A place where one can pre-view books & learn a little something along the way to finding out if its the right book to order. How I discovered this was through looking for easy crochet and knitting patterns. Yes. The knitting gene seems to have reared its head & taken hold of all my spare time.....

It all started with a ball of silken wool I bought in Thailand... and then the knitted bus I blogged about a while ago...and then I found the most incredible and silly modern-retro book on knitting at the bargain book shop for R40!! ...and then! I discovered 'The Wool Boutique' in Fish Hoek main road. Its all downhill from there! I have a really cool basket from Geoff's shop to keep my project materials in & I've been knitting up a STORM!! ...even knitted all the way to and back from the Karoo this past weekend!

My Ouma knitted so much in her life that she literally did not have fingerprints left. We got bed-socks and jerseys every Christmas and birthday. I miss her with all my heart. I can't help feeling close to her when I'm indulging in my knitting...

I was browsing around to try and find my knitting book (called 'Knitorama')


and found this lady posing for a pattern in a fully knitted outfit...

She looks like she cant wait to get out of that outfit!!
"please get the photograph taken so I can get out of this Cheshire Cat suit!!"

...and now to try and get hold of a copy of Hookorama!

Rachael Matthews (author) is a new hero!


No comments: