Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Activities


It's just been Easter Weekend...Geoff and I decided to go to church on Friday but there didn't seem to be any cars in the parking lot (we can see it from our bedroom window - see photo) so we stayed in bed...and thus began 4 days of total relaxation!

I hadn't realised until Tuesday last week that Friday was going to be a holiday...and I didn't realise until Friday that Monday was also a holiday! I'm pleased to say I took the break & I am feeling really well rested for it :)

My Mom and Dad have been visiting & working at T'Neal and Dave's new place so we have seen quite a lot of them over the past few weeks.

On Saturday, when Geoff got home from work we hit the surf & I got 3 really nice waves at Inner Kom (!!) ...even managed to avoid getting smashed up on the rocks!

We did go to church on Easter Sunday...then fetched Mom & Dad's one sea kayak & paddled from Hout Bay - all along Chapman's Peak and around the corner until we could see Noordhoek! It was amazing to be looking up at Chapman's Peak drive rather than down at the water below! Here are some rather bad cell phone pictures to give an idea of the experience:



We had a lovely Easter dinner meal with Geoff's family...and then we sorted a lot of things in the flat out & managed to get rid of a whole lot of stuff. Its amazing how things accumulate!

The only other major thing going on is that I've been knitting up a storm -- Rose scarves are my latest creation! (see photo)... I will be selling them (& other knitted items -- if I can figure the patterns out!) this Winter as part of the Miss Molly range... The wool is super-luxurious & this scarf will lift & compliment just about any outfit! :)

...and so we're back into the work thing & I'm feeling a bit procrastinatory...but inspired for current & future creations! :)

2 comments:

Geoff Ross said...

What can I say ,,,I say EPIC trip....

we must do a trip with the Ross's again....

call us for an invite to the next trip....

T'Neal Cooper said...

Bee - I want these! can't we make my HUGE feet squish into them... wait... I'm having a picture.... yip... Cinderella's glass slipper and the ugly sister....

maybe not