Saturday, September 13, 2008

Demolition

We're finally doing our renovations......I'm practically huddled in my corner of the studio feeling like the world is ending....the building is shaking...there are 10 strange men - electricians & builders - in my flat walking about in over-alls and drilling and bashing and hammering and carrying huge bricks out of our beautiful flat which has floors full of building rubble.....

We've gone from 'bad kitchen' to 'no kitchen' in the last 2.5 hours. The fridge is in the lounge, covered in black plastic and I just switched it off for fear of it over-heating due to lack of ventilation.

I found my secret Pringles stash and I'm doing some comfort eating (setting a record for the fastest a tube of Pringles has ever disappeared) to try and take my mind off what's going on in our dust-filled love nest. In a way, I'm glad that Geoff is being spared this feeling of 'oh-ohh....what are they DOING??'

I REMIND MYSELF (over and over):
It is going to be wonderful when its done. It is going to be beautiful. The dream I had last night (Geoff and I standing in the kitching and looking over the balcony at the sea) is going to come true so soon. So so soon....

Wishing every second though that I didn't have to be here until its done!

No comments: