Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Wetsuit Saga

I've never felt happy about hanging wetsuits over the balcony to dry...
  1. It looks untidy.
  2. I'm afraid they might blow off or something.
On Tuesday I woke up to a serious storm which flooded our balcony.

On Wednesday, I woke up to both our wetsuits having blown off the balcony...nowhere to be found!
The worst of it was that my spare car key is attached to my wetsuit so, not only did I not have a wetsuit any more...but now I had to worry about my car getting zapped.

Writing about this in my Morning Pages on Thursday, I feel its not very synchronistic of the universe to take my wetsuit away (even though I'd love a new one without holes in) when I am making new breakthroughs in my surfing with every session & its my goal to really get much better at surfing & I'm its not really in the budget to get a new one at this stage. I had just finished a little affirmation that we'd get a really good deal on suits / get free ones / something would happen to restore my 'suit'ability to go surfing soon...when Geoff phoned and said that someone had found my suit!! With my car key still attached!!

They didn't find Geoff's suit...but he has been complaining for the last 8 months that it's 'like a seive' in letting water through (especially not a good idea on the cold side of the mountain)... So he's treated himself to a new one (which hopefully will last better than the previous one).

And so it all worked out perfectly & synchronistically! I fix my suit & carry on surfing - even as soon as tomorrow at sparrows :)

No comments: