Wednesday, December 01, 2010

New Veggie Garden!

On Sunday morning I got myself ridiculously dressed for Aline's bachelorette 'Crime of Fashion' themed breakfast. Yes: themed breakfast. I wore one of my Gran's evening dresses from who knows when. Certainly the biggest crime of fashion I have in my possession:

Need I say more?!

Alice, who kindly hosted the spectacular breakfast, has one of the most awesome veggie gardens I've seen in a very long time. What I especially love is that she has poppies & cornflowers growing haphazardly between the veggie plants. It reminded me of my plan when choosing our rented house of moving the lavender bushes outside the kitchen window to the edges & making my veggie garden in the middle.

Well, it was just perfect timing! James {our gardener} arrived bright and early this morning & we put him to work on this project. Geoff and I went off to Harry Goeman's Nursery just up the road from us to buy soil, fertilizer & some basil, lettuce, peppers, gooseberries, tomatoes, rocket and some other goodies to get started with.

Now for watering & caring for our little plants so that they can produce some lovely salad additions for us! :)

No comments: