Friday, November 26, 2010

Geoff's Birthday Celebration(s)

My Love turned 50 this month & so we had a number of celebrations...The first of which, was a family dinner (mine & Geoff's) on the night before his actual birthday day. I made a big pot of fresh pasta...2 huge salads & Geoff made his favorite bolognaise sauce (I made a veggie alternative) & we had a wonderful dinner around our party-size yellow wood kitchen table:

We were really spoiled with Robyn's chocolate birthday cake for dessert.

We have a bit of a tradition of birthday cake in bed with tea on the morning of our birthdays, so I made some fairy cupcakes from Tina Bester's book "Bake" which turned out DELICIOUSLY! (It is actually one of the easiest, most delicious recipes I've come across for cupcakes - even better than my "White Cupcakes" recipe which uses the creaming method) ... I made lemon and (fresh) vanilla flavored icing which I spaghetti'ed on top:


After a lazy morning, we headed out to town to the dangerous camera supplies shop, ORMS. We went out for lunch at Mugged on Roeland and had a pretty lovely day in general.

The last phase of Geoff's birthday was last weekend: we invited loads of people for music, pizza and drinks at Solole's BAROCCA LOUNGE.  Here are some scenes from Geoff's birthday day and of the party:

No comments: