Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Underwater Fun!

I bought a cheapy disposable waterproof film camera for when Geoff and I went snorkeling in Gili Meno, but the photos just didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Firstly, we only had 24 exposures, and secondly, half of them simply didn't come out...and lastly: the ones that did come out ok needed some serious editing to make them look like something eg:


So, shortly after we got back, I invested in an underwater housing for my G10. It is almost full function (I can switch modes / zoom etc etc). This is what it looks like:


Because its been so chilly, I've not had a chance to test it out.....But we started swimming in our pool a couple of weeks ago, so we had some perfect opportunities to see what it can do in the pool! We took it underwater & these are some of the results:

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely clear pics. You guys must be enjoying your pool. I can't wait to go snorkeling with you at Boulders again and take some pics. Next clear visibility day we should all just drop everything and go play in the kelp ...

Gina Ross said...

We are LOVING the pool...come swim!! YES: I'm looking forward to getting the camera into the sea to see what it can see ;) x x x