Saturday, August 02, 2008

New Home

My Love and I are in our new home...the movers came on Tuesday and moved everything down the road to the new flat. Its not the first time I've moved house to just up the road...Finally today (Sat) we have 2 rooms that are functional: Kitchen and Bathroom.....and what a nice bathroom it is! Lovely old fashioned bath...I've rolled my white towels into my white-washed shelves and taken out loads of Body Shop goodies given to me on numerous birthdays and Christmas' and popped them into our over-the-bath activity device for fun times in the bath. SO exciting to get in and decide what to use :)

It has been FREEZING cold and windy since we moved in....the odd lovely moment when the wind does a brief calm-down is so nice....we have sun streaming in all windows in the morning....so beautiful. So warming for the house and for the spirit.

On Wednesday I was having tea on our new balcony and a rainbow started appearing from the lighthouse and spread its way right across the sky to form a complete bow...Rainbows always make me think of Sunday School so long ago....when Noah had been on the ark with all the animals for 40 days and 40 nights and it stopped raining, a rainbow appeared to remind him that God loved him. It was so appropriate in my head-space - such a sign of hope and new beginning that I was quite touched this beautiful symbol - assuring me that everything is going to be fine.

Yesterday and today, 3 whales played and splashed so close to the surfers right off the reef that our balcony overlooks. Welcome back to the sea-dwelling giants!

Geoff and I had our first night cooking at home last night...I made a soy mince, lentil and Mexican Tomato mix pie...he poured us each a glass of wine and we sat -- on too-high chairs and a pick-nick table, 2 candles and a bunch of boxes -- in our lounge....after which we put a mattress on the floor, got out my mini TV and video machine and watched 'Me, Myself and Irene' snuggled under the duvet. What bliss to be with my Love in our new home :)

.....
And other than that I have just been feeling sensitive and truly exhausted after the moving and work piling in and stresses of painting and packing and moving and unpacking and sorting and deadlines and the cold that goes with Winter.

I was reminded with such clarity today about how precious our soul-mate is. No matter how grumpy and bad tempered one gets: quiet, deep consideration for one's partner is imperative to maintain. A lasting, loving relationship with Geoff is the most precious thing I have in my life. We want to go into forever laughing together, crying together...a sanctuary for one another. I love him so much. I love our new home and us together in it.

-- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x -- x --

No comments: