Sunday, August 24, 2008

Line Fish

Nemo, Sushi and Red are my only pets...my goldfish and I have been trying to get together

a) some personal work
b) a project involving my beloved fish
c) a kick-ass t-shirt design....

I will be entering this design into next month's competition on http://www.springleap.com/ - I am really looking forward to putting work forward for myself instead of clients the whole time :)

Most often at a restaurant there's the 'line fish of the day' - I've even promoted 'line fish' even though I cannot eat fish so had no idea what it tasted like. I've always liked looking at fish though...they are increadibly graceful and beautiful as they swim and their fins and tails move with and through the water...

We have the most beautiful view of the harbour from our balcony...fishing boats coming and going with their 'catch of the day'.

I've always felt a bit sorry for fish. I especially don't like the sport of spear-fishing because I feel that it is unfair on the fish. If they bite on the bait off the end of a fishing rod line, there is less chance that the 'right fish' will bite as well as that I feel the fish has a choice in a strange way -- like a chicken being hit by a car - unlucky to have chosen to cross at that moment.....Shark catching without throwing back is the roadkill of the sea. So sad. Such a waste.

Anyhow: This design is called 'Line Fish' --- it could also make a really cool print! I look forward to posting further designs really soon :)

No comments: