Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Gift


These cups are my first attempt at working with porcelain! I've been working with a clay called Fenix for the past 3 months but I wanted to make a very special, fine porcelian wedding gift for Gill & Vincent's wedding on Saturday past: Porcelain cups with knitted & felted mug-cozies!
I made the cups at home...had them bisque fired at CPS...got them back...decorated them with a black underglaze pencil...got them into a friend's glaze firing (matt glaze)...I can hardly believe I managed to finish these on time!


Decorations:
I wrote snips of poems by ee cummings:

"Tomorrow is our permanent address"
"I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)"
"Love is more thicker than forget"
"Nothing except the impossible shall occur"

As well as a little illustration of the relative words...and some leafy twigs.
The cozies are knitted from 100% merino solids & lightly felted (I didn't make handles as I wanted to rather knit cozies)
This is how I packaged them:


The styrofoam container was wrapped in black and white polka dot tissue paper...tied with a thick black satin ribbon. It was a great way to finish this project :)

4 comments:

T'Neal Cooper said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEE!!!! so stunning! I'm sure they are going to LOVE their prezzie!
x x

Shelley Jane Ahrens said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I saw them on "buzz" but never knew the full beauty. Gina...you are a CREATIVE heart and so generous....these are too beautiful and I think maybe THE most lovely wedding gift I have ever seen. xx

Unknown said...

So beautiful Gina, I want to get married ust so you'll make something for me!!!!!!!

Gina Ross said...

Thanks Thaya...
There's a lot more creations coming from where those did! I'll keep you posted :)