Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Bee & Gees

My sister and I have private nick names that we call each other (private because nobody else calls us these names). They come from a movie we saw a long time ago called 'Nel' about a girl who grows up wild & free & out of civilisation & gets studied by psychologists etc...anyhow she has an absent sister who she sings a rhyme with in which she calls her sister 'Chickabee'. There is so much love in the way that she sings the name that we started calling eachother 'Chickabee' ...T'Neal shortened my name to 'Bee' ...from here I've recieved numerous gifts relating to bees (which I do love!)..amongst them, the BEE MOVIE


I found this little 'pollen jock' bee from the movie at the Milnerton Market. When you press his stinger his wings flap and his arms flex: strong-man style! I love it. He now guards my honey jar...

Geoff and I went away from Friday and returned today to a rather large to-do list... While we were in George I got my hands on my mom's Bee Gees greatest hits CD which I've been listening to all day. Its amazing how many songs I know from years of KFM radio encounters...and had never known were Bee Gees songs.. PLUS, I discovered that T and my song (performed once at karaoke), "Islands in the Stream" was actually written by the Bee Gees! (Performed by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton = awesome!)




These men were brave. So very brave to sing such soppy lyrics wearing outfits such as pictured above!...from the look of those pants, no WONDER they sang so high! :)

No comments: