Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where Do All The Toys Go?

In December we were at the monthly auction that we like to attend. Walking around the back room, I discovered a 'graveyard' of macabre-ness in the form of these dolls that had most likely been loved by someone, now discarded and up for auction.

My friend Elaine who has Woo-men plush toys told me once that people sometimes don't want their toy to go into a bag because it won't be able to breathe. I find this fascinating! ...just because things have faces, that they should be treated as if they are alive & need oxygen to survive....?? Even more so then, the theory should apply to dolls which are modeled on humans:


and yet, these dolls have been left, in public - unloved - with their hair removed..


or naked....


or with their pants down...

There were dolls that I've never seen before --
"Happy" "smiley" dolls dressed in 'animal costumes'




all thrown together in these very sad, orphaned circumstances.

No comments: