Friday, October 08, 2010

Light & Landscape

I just love overcast and rainy days when the light comes through the clouds without the sun breaking through, giving an infinite play of muted colours to the day :)

I popped in at Karen (my porcelain teacher) yesterday to fetch my latest creation..

I borrowed Jocelyn's teardrop shaped mini cookie cutter which I used to cut 'droplets' out of the form that I made out of porcelain.

Karen then showed me the technique of painting porcelain slip onto tissue paper & sticking it to the inside of the holes - this made a clay paper thin layer & has given  this beautiful light effect after the glaze firing.

The teardrop shape inspired me to create this piece - to paint rain clouds & landscape onto my form with almost see-through raindrops.

No comments: