Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camera Case

A friend mailed me yesterday to ask if I knew of a free pattern for a handbag and a camera case. I have been looking for a suitable camera bag for my G10 as the one that I have is WAY too big and bulky for travel....and making one is the perfect solution! 

I found a great tutorial with step by step instructions...hauled my sewing machine and some fabric (I actually found some batting too!) and sewed up a test sample. 

I always think of things when I'm finished creating something which is why I did the test. I did a second test one with a pocket in front to keep my spare memory card... The tutorial was for a camera to slip in vertically, but I want to keep the camera strap around my neck as the strap & I just need something to protect my camera when it is in another bag...so this is the result:


I am going to make my final one out of some of my Amy Butler fabric....and try and put something together for my Canon Selphy printer too! :)

No comments: