Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goth Scene?

When Geoff and I started dating, we had this situation where he and Robyn were mucking about on DatingBuzz - so I figured--well - if he can do it, so can I! ...and so we both did our online dating thing for a while. I will say here that I had much more success than he did and actually managed to make some friends! -- I was totally in love already so the poor dudes on the Buzz could only get friendship out of me -- totally unavailable emotionally to anyone but my true love - my Geoff! :)

So I was on my Google search page now-now and I looked to the right and saw this site called gothscene.com with a depressed looking teenager as the ad lurer-inner -- call me crazy -- call it WRONG, but I just felt sorry for those poor faces of the 19 year old Gothy kids on the site & I wanted to see what more of them looked like!!!!!....So I decided to browse through & the site is like all the other sites of its kind - a CON! ...I had to set up a profile and all sorts of stuff...needless to say, I have looked everywhere for the delete button (about 10 minutes after profile-setting-up) - but couldn't find it...at least they only have my junk-email email address! Mmmmwahaha!

...and so I decided that this situation is blog-worthy.

I think 'Goths' are called 'Emo's' now -- 'EMOTIONAL' - whatever next. Makes me feel old at my tender age of 29.

The little Goth bits of me are:
  • I really like the episode of SouthPark when they all turn Goth...Stan loses his girlfriend and becomes all depressed and ends up joining the non-conformist Goth gang who all non-conform to drinking coffee and writing depressing poetry to prove their non-conformity...
  • I've been to a Torture Garden evening in a church-club in Brixton (London) which was a really mind-blowingly different experience...

  • My husband and I listen to a band called Therion quite a lot - its quite cool metally music themed around a (made-up?) ancient culture with rituals and stuff (awesome album cover too)...


OOOH! I just remembered that I actually have a picture on Facebook of my little party at Brixton at the church thing...Check it out! :


100% latex dress, my friend -- 100% latex
(borrowed)

No comments: